While I will likely never reach the brunch heights effortlessly pulled off by my talented friends (check this birthday brunch spread that Lisa threw–complete with an utterly gorgeous crepe cake, personalized name tags and a gorgeous holiday tablescape!–or this mimosa bar by Erin!)…I enjoy them to the fullest extent.
Erin made these incredible mini avocado toast bites at a brunch hosted in her light-drenched loft–they were the perfect things to stave off hanger since I ran in late and made everyone wait for another 20 minutes for my eggs to bake–but also so incredibly easy to make and also totally festive!! It’s literally mini avocado toast. Smash avocado on crackers (specifically Mary’s Gone Cracker’s Everything flavor because that garlic/onion/seed combination is majorly tasty), salt and pepper, add cheese and then sprinkle on ALL THE POMEGRANATE ARILS! Instant holiday cheer like there’s no tomorrow!
Speaking of which, I am heading back to California VERY SOON to hang out with my family for the holidays! I’ve taken on the task of creating the family holiday card these days and went with Tiny Prints again this year for our card. I am SO excited to send these out–I love their tri-fold “year-in-review”-style cards because it meshes the styles of the photo card we used to send out with the newsletter we also used to send. If you still need holiday cards, I can’t recommend Tiny Prints enough. Their customer service is extraordinary and your card is pretty much guaranteed to look magazine-worthy!
This may be the healthiest holiday recipe I’ve ever posted and I will keep singing its praises even through the cookie currently in my mouth.
Mini Avocado Toasts
- 1 box Mary's Gone Crackers Everything flavor crackers or similar
- ~3 small avocados or 1 large
- salt pepper
- 2-3 oz cheese like sharp cheddar or gouda
- pomegranate seeds
- Use a small spoon to gently scoop out tiny spoonfuls of avocado and smash them onto each cracker. I found that 1/2 a small avocado was about enough to top 12-14 crackers, so you'll need around 3 small avocados if you're serving a whole box.
- Top with salt, pepper and a thin slice of cheese, then garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately!