Shelby’s Loaded Guacamole
This one of my favorite guac recipes on earth. Corn, tomatoes, japapeno, cilantro, green onions, siracha and more come together for a serious fiesta of the tastebuds.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 small roma tomato chopped
- ½ cup corn
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped fine
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 small jalapeno chopped (and de-seeded if you are faint of heart, like me)
- 1 large lime
- salt pepper, cumin to taste
- dash of siracha or pinch of red pepper flakes
Smash the avocado with a fork and add tomato, corn, cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno while garlic is toasting.* Squeeze in the juice from the lime. Add salt, pepper, cumin and siracha to taste (I add a dash of each).
*I like to toast the minced garlic in a non-greased frying pan for a few minutes just to take the raw edge off. When it’s fragrant and reaches a toasty golden color, turn off the heat and let cool before adding to the rest of the ingredients.