With just a few ingredients, you can make a fluffy, protein-packed pancake that’s perfect for just one. This pancake has peanut butter, an egg, oat flour and protein powder for a high-protein breakfast option that happens to be gluten-free!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect single serving: No need to make a huge stack of pancakes if you’re just cooking for one!
- High-protein: A combination of peanut butter, protein powder and egg provide more protein than your average pancake
- Fluffy texture: You’ll get lots of fluff and a slightly sweet flavor that makes for a perfect pancake base for toppings like sliced banana, peanut butter, cacao nibs, or other fruit.
What you’ll need to make these:
- Protein powder: I’ve used Sunwarrior protein powder and love the vanilla flavor. You can use any vanila-flavored protein powder you like!
- Oat flour: If you don’t have oat flour, you can grind oats in a high-powered blender or food processor to make oat flour. Not all oats are gluten-free, so make sure to check the label if you’re sensitive.
- Peanut butter: You can use any nut butter alternative instead such as almond butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter. I don’t recommend omitting this as it’s important for flavor and texture in the pancake.
- Maple syrup: If you don’t have maple syrup, you can substitute an equal amount of honey or granulated sugar.
This pancake has a lightly fluffy texture that I prefer above most other protein pancakes I’ve tried. I highly recommend serving this with additional banana and peanut butter!
This pancake was inspired by Kylie’s cookie dough pancake!
Fluffy Protein Pancake
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon, optional
- ¼ banana optional
- Combine all wet ingredients (egg through vanilla), then stir in dry ingredients (oat flour through salt). Slice or lightly crush the banana, if using, and add to batter. Pour batter into a lightly greased, preheated pan and cook over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on both sides until fully cooked.